A contemporary virtual art space in Secondlife for art exhibitions, sound art, performance art, video art/ Machinima, art talks and other art related events.

Monday, June 6, 2011

MAKE_MY_DAY_!



   Every time I see a new comer or a newbie or a noob  walk like a duck, running  all over the place, using the default gestures like blow a kiss, asking how to play this game and how they can  get some money it gives me a flashback of my blooper days in Second Life.

  MAKE_MY_DAY_! is my first virtual solo exhibition and YARN FACTORY ART PROJECTS' first feature exhibition as well. The concept is all about noobs and freebies. I disassembled  and reassembled some of my stuffs that I've got from some freebie stores when I was like a month old in second life. It is something like an assemblage installation in RL, almost 80 percent of the materials I used in this show are premade and 100 percent freebie. I also made some SL photography of some noobs around the info hubs and welcome area as my subject.

  This is a memorable show for me. Imagine, I'm the artist, the curator, the architect and the staff all in one.

Here are some photos of the show.. (I also included the pieces that were shown in tochigi japan sim and you can see most of them inside the YARN FACTORY VAN) 

Installation view 1 ( "AIR TIGHT CONTAINER"  materials: Arcadia freebies, Urban spirit freebies and Damen Gorillas SL Shopping Bag

Installation view 2

Installation view 3: "freebie symphony" (1 prim grass and lavender by itutu)

"FREEBIE SYMPHONY" : Secondlife Photography ( location: Wanderstill, Ode (168, 209, 77)  "fresh" Letter blocks: Assembled Arcadia freebies
"I SEE GREY PEOPLE" : Secondlife photography. location: Random info hubs


I SEE GREY PEOPLE detail

"CONTROL+SHIFT+R!" (models: Random newbies)

"THE MOST GENUINE" : Secondlife photography + Arcadia freebie cart : Models: random newbies

"PROCESSING NOOB" : **virtual collage**;) model: newbie from welcome area













No comments:

Post a Comment